Routes 28 and 29 being replaced by Rt.170. See map & schedule at www.ashevillenc.gov/residents/transportation/city_bus/default.aspx?id=946
Rt 28 & 29 last day of service this Sat. Jan. 29. Rt. 170 first day of service this Mon. Jan. 31.
- Same fares as all other Asheville Transit routes
- More bus stops than the old Rt 28.
- No service on Swannanoa River Rd. and S Tunnel Rd. (No service to Wal-Mart) – see Route 26
- New route will travel on Tunnel Rd. continuing on US-70 to Black Mountain, with Warren Wilson College service being provided via Warren Wilson Rd.
- Connections with Mountain Mobility’s Black Mountain Trailblazer
- Black Mountain service four (4) trips/day, plus Warren Wilson Service 4-7 times/day
- Morning service to Warren Wilson College
- Later service Monday – Thursday along Tunnel Rd. for improved job access.
- Assess to Asheville Mall continues to be provided via stops at White Pine Dr. east bound and Buckstone Pl. west bound.
Sincerely, www.AshevilleTransit.com P Think Green! Think Transit! Please consider the environment when commuting and printing e-mails. See Asheville Transit’s Environmental Policy @ www.ashevilletransit.com This is a service announcement from Asheville Transit. If you do not want to receive these updates please request to be removed from the list by e-mailing: email@example.com.
For immediate assistance call Asheville Transit at: (828) 253-5691