Get Involved in Your Community
If you want to actively participate in helping Swannanoa become a more active and vibrant community, consider joining us in any one (or more) of these ways that most interests you:
- Help beautify Swannanoa in one of FANS’ annual Swannanoa Sweeps (community cleanups), or serve on the Swannanoa Sweep planning committee.
- Grow your own vegetables or flowers in the Swannanoa Community Garden, or become a member of the Garden Committee, and help plan and organize the community garden.
- Contribute articles or information for our website or our every-other-month community e-newsletter. Come up with story ideas or be a reporter or photographer.
- Are you a social media whiz? We could use your help getting FANS on Facebook and other social media marketing outlets.
- Join a group that’s working on improvements along US 70 – sidewalks and crosswalks, new “Welcome to Swannanoa” sign, streetscaping, bus shelters, etc.
- Do you have experience researching or writing grant proposals? Help us find much-needed funds for FANS projects.
- Become involved in local issues and help advocate for responsible development in Swannanoa.
- Offer suggestions for community projects or events, and become involved in making those a reality.
Ready to get more involved? Call 828.581.9848 or email email@example.com for more info on these and other volunteer opportunities.
The community works when we work together!