As 2019 draws to a close, and you ponder possible end-of-year charitable donations, please remember to include Friends and Neighbors of Swannanoa (FANS) on your list. FANS is an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with no employees, no offices, and no overhead. This means that every dollar you donate will be put to work right here in our community, and will be tax-deductible to boot. That’s a lot of bang for your buck! Every donation, no matter how small, makes a difference. So don’t delay – click the “donate” link below to make your donation now!
- Here are some of the FANS’ projects that your dollars will help support:
Swannanoa Community Garden – This “Garden that Gives” is run entirely by volunteers, and has produced thousands of pounds of fresh produce for our neighbors in need.
- Swannanoa Sweep Litter Cleanups – Dozens of volunteers remove trash from our roadsides and riverbanks each spring.
- Community Events – FANS sponsors or co-sponsors a number of free community events, including “Cinema on the Square” (outdoor movie series), Groovin’ on Grovemont (summer outdoor concerts), the twice-annual Swannanoa Community Yard Sale in the Ingles parking lot, and the new Swannanoa Winterfest (see separate article in this newsletter).
- Swannanoa Newsletter – FANS publishes a free community newsletter in both an electronic and print version, delivering Swannanoa news and information to thousands of residents.
- Community Improvements – From bus shelters to welcome signs to sidewalks, FANS continues to work on projects that will enhance the beauty of our area and the quality of life for Swannanoa residents.
Click on the link below to make a secure online donation, or mail your check to Friends and Neighbors of Swannanoa, PO Box 697, Swannanoa, NC 28778.
We also encourage you to consider contributing to one or more of the many other nonprofit organizations serving the Swannanoa Valley. For more info, please visit swannanoafans.org and click on “Swannanoa Organizations” under the “Helpful Resources” tab.
Thank you for your support, and best wishes for the holidays and the new year.
THINK GLOBALLY, ACT LOCALLY!