Take this Swannanoa trivia quiz and find out if you’re a “Swannanoa Scholar” (see correct answer by placing mouse pointer immediately after or below the question).
- American frontiersman and folk hero Davy Crockett traveled to Swannanoa in 1815, where he met, and later married, a Swannanoa girl. What was her name? Elizabeth Patton
- What is the length, in miles, of the Swannanoa River? 22 miles
- Samuel Davidson was the first known European settler to cross the Blue Ridge Mountains and settle in the Swannanoa Valley. In what country was Samuel Davidson born? Ireland
- What author of best-selling crime novels graduated from Owen High School? Patricia Cornwell
- Beacon Blanket Manufacturing Company, located in Swannanoa, was once the largest blanket manufacturer in the world. What was the company’s trademarked advertising slogan? Beacon Blankets Make Warm Friends