Take this Swannanoa trivia quiz and find out if you’re a “Swannanoa Scholar” (see correct answer by placing mouse pointer immediately after or below the question).
- In September 2004, Swannanoa experienced two 100-year floods caused by torrential rains. What were the names of the two hurricanes that brought the rain? Frances and Ivan
- What is the only river in North Carolina that begins and ends in the same county? The Swannanoa River
- What was the name of the Beacon mill baseball team that played in the industrial league? The Beacon Blanketeers
- In 1924, E.W. Grove (of Grove Park Inn fame, among other things) began construction on a project that was billed as America’s first planned community. What was the name of the community? Grovemont-on-Swannanoa (now known as Grovemont)
- What is the most beautiful place in the world to live? Swannanoa!
Do you have a Swannanoa trivia question you’d like to submit for possible inclusion in a future newsletter edition? If so, please contact us.