Here are some ways you can get involved:
• Come out and participate in one of SPCC’s twice-annual Swannanoa Sweeps
(community cleanups), or serve on the Swannanoa Sweep planning committee.
• Sign up for a plot in the Swannanoa Community Garden, or be a member of the Garden
Committee and help plan and organize the community garden.
• Help spruce up SPCC’s website – assist with design, updating content, etc.
• Are you a social media whiz? We could use your help getting SPCC on Facebook and
other social media marketing outlets.
• Join a group that’s working on improvements along US 70 – sidewalks and crosswalks,
new “Welcome to Swannanoa” signs, streetscaping, bus shelters.
• Do you have experience researching or writing grant proposals? Help us find $$$s for
• Assist with SPCC’s every-other-month community e-newsletter – come up with story
ideas, or be a reporter or editor.
• Join the Swannanoa Greenways Committee and work with the County to help develop a
greenway connecting Swannanoa with Asheville and Black Mountain.
• Help chart SPCC’s future course by attending SPCC meetings or serving on the Board.
• Become involved in local development issues and help advocate for responsible
development in Swannanoa.
• Assist with publicity – writing press releases, taking photos at SPCC events, etc.
• Help plan community meetings on topics of interest to you and your neighbors.
• Come up with your own idea for a community project or event and let us help you find
others who share your interest.
For more info on these and other volunteer opportunities,
call 686-4417 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
The community works when we work together!