VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES WITH FANS
We Need YOU!
Here are some ways you can get involved:
- Come out and participate in one of FANS annual Swannanoa Sweeps (community cleanups), or serve on the Swannanoa Sweep planning committee.
- Sign up for a plot in the Swannanoa Community Garden, or be a member of the Garden Committee and help plan and organize the community garden.
- Help spruce up the new FANS’ website – assist with design, updating content, etc.
- Are you a social media whiz? We could use your help getting FANS on Facebook and other social media marketing outlets.
- Join a group that’s working on improvements along US 70 – sidewalks and crosswalks, new “Welcome to Swannanoa” signs, streetscaping, bus shelters.
- Do you have experience researching or writing grant proposals? Help us find $$$s for FANS projects.
- Assist with FANS’ every-other-month community e-newsletter – come up with story ideas, or be a reporter or editor.
- Help chart FANS’ future course by attending FANS meetings or serving on the Board.
- Become involved in local development issues and help advocate for responsible development in Swannanoa.
- Assist with publicity – writing press releases, taking photos at FANS’ events, etc.
- Help plan community meetings on topics of interest to you and your neighbors.
- Come up with your own idea for a community project or event and let us help you find others who share your interest.
For more info on these and other volunteer opportunities,
or email email@example.com
The community works when we work together!